Hey guys! Becca here with a super special guest post from Marie Lu for THE MIDNIGHT STAR Blog Tour! I'm so excited that Reading Teen had the chance to pry a tiny bit into Marie's mind and find out some of her favorite/best superpowers ever, so without further blah blah from me, here's Marie...
Top 5 Best/Favorite Superpowers Ever
5. Flying. I’ve had enough awesome flying dreams to know I’d like to do this, but only if I also don’t get my skin ripped off by all the crazy wind.
4. Metalbending. Magneto—and Toph—are pretty formidable. I would like to be formidable too, inside my custom metal armor.
3. Billionaire-ing. Let’s face it—money seems to buy all the superpowers you could ever desire. Iron suit that lets you fly? Check. Utility belt that does everything? Check. Batmobile? Check. Plus, you get to have a pretty nice house, too.
2. Traveling through space in the blink of eye. (Safely, of course.) If I could hop from galaxy to galaxy in a safe little pod, and see the universe—and whatever other life forms might be out there . . . . GIMME.
1. Controlling time. Imagine if you could just pause time whenever you needed to finish a bunch of stuff, or if you needed to sleep in, or just wanted to goof off for a few hours without actually losing any time, or if you wanted to go back in time to witness the dinosaurs or Stonehenge in its heyday. AMAZING. (And the one superpower that billionaire-ing can’t buy!)
By Marie Lu
Series: The Young Elites #3
Publisher: Penguin (October 11, 2016)
Hardcover: 416 pages
Goodreads | Amazon
The thrilling finale to the New York Times bestselling Young Elites series from "hit factory" Marie Lu.
There was once a time when darkness shrouded the world, and the darkness had a queen. Adelina Amouteru is done suffering. She's turned her back in those days who have betrayed her and achieved the ultimate revenge: victory. Her reign as the White Wolf has been a triumphant one, but with each conquest her cruelty only grows. The darkness within her has begun to spiral out of control, threatening to destroy all that she's achieved.
Adelina's forced to revisit old wounds when a new danger appears, putting not only Adelina at risk, but every Elite and the very world they live in. In order to save herself and preserve her empire, Adelina and her Roses must join the Daggers on a perilous quest- though this uneasy alliance may prove to be the real danger.
Bestselling author Marie Lu concludes Adelina's story with this haunting and hypnotizing final installment to the Young Elites series.