I'll post my last mini-challenge answers at the end of this post.
For those that don't know, for the last 24 hours I've been participating in Dewey's 24 hour Read-a-Thon. It's been a lot of fun! There's been lots of reading, really fun mini-challenges, and great prizes! (I won two books) If you've never done a Read-a-Thon, I would highly recommend it. I've met great people and seen really interesting books that I have added to my want to read pile.
So, I'm in the middle of The Dead-Tossed WavesThe Dead-Tossed Waves (Forest of Hands and Teeth, Book 2) by Carrie Ryan and I'm loving it so far. Not surprising, since I also love The Forest of Hands and Teeth. I keep finding myself holding my breath!
I finished The Waters and the Wild by Francesca Lia Block, which I have to say was just weird. I don't know, I just didn't connect with it.
And Hex Hall, which I thought was really cute and funny, but I wasn't happy about the way she fell for a guy that treated her crummy.
All-in-all it was a very fun day and I'm looking forward to doing it again! Thanks Dewey's Read-a-Thon people for all your hard work in remembering Dewey and this thing she created!
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? I almost gave up at hour 15, but held on until hour 18
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The Dream Factory, How to Ditch Your Fairy (short/easy/fun), Twilight....you'll stay up reading anyway!
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope, it was great!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The mini-challenges seemed really organized!
5. How many books did you read? 2 1/2
6. What were the names of the books you read? Hex Hall, The Wind and the Wild, The Dead-Tossed Waves
7. Which book did you enjoy most? I'm enjoying The Dead-Tossed Waves the most
8. Which did you enjoy least? The Wind and the Wild....it was really weird
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? n/a
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Very likely. I'd be a reader and mini-challenge host again!
Number of books read since you started: 2 1/2
Pages read since last update: 30
Running total of pages read since you started: 745
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 30 min
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 15 1/2 hours
Mini-challenges completed: 12 (plus the ones on the readathon page)
Other participants you’ve visited:
A Literary Odyssey,
Reading in Texas ,
It's Just Mehttp://www.ashleyslibrary.blogspot.com/
Prize you’ve won: ONE, YAY!
Sparks' Notes Mini-Challenge
Here's what you need to do. Create a post on your blog about your most hated character from a book. Maybe they're evil, maybe they're just annoying, or maybe they remind you of your ex. Whatever the reason, just pick someone and then write a post that shares who they are, what book they're from and the author, and why you hate them.
The character that keeps coming to mind for this challenge is....Patch from Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I think Patch is a jerk! It drives me crazy how sexist, condescending, and pushy he is with Nora. And it really drives me crazy how she puts up with it! I don't understand why anyone would fall in love with a guy who is constantly telling her what he wants to do to her, and then keeps treating her like she's an idiot. Wait...on second thought, maybe my most hated character is Nora? Come on Nora! Get some self-respect!!