The Reading Teen team have decided to have a little fun today! We will leave five quotes at the end of the post today with NO book title. You get all five book titles of the quotes correct and in order, we will send you a cool book tote, a book from the Second Hand Saturday list and a NEW copy of SPELLS BY APRILYNNE PIKE! (If you get stuck, look for clues in this week's blog posts and Tweets.)
NOW HERE'S YOUR CHANCE.....
Leave a comment giving us the Titles of the quotes in order. You must be a follower of this blog, for extra credit (+1) give us your favorite quote from your favorite book (seperate comment please).
1. "I'm just pleasantly surprised", he clarified. " In the last hundred years or so," his voice was teasing, " I never imagined anything like this. I didn't believe I would ever find someone I wanted to be with.... in another way than my brothers and sisters. And then to find, even though it's all new to me, that I'm good at it.... at being with you..."
2. "The moment you came barreling into my life I was lost. I'm afraid to tell you what I wish for, for fear you'll...oh, I don't know, throw me into the fire. Or more likely, refuse me. Or worst of all, despise me," he said, his voice breaking and his eyes dropping from her face. "I love you," he said. "You're more dear to my heart than I ever knew anyone could be."
3. "The force field has us trapped in a circle. A dome, really. I don't know how high it goes. There's the Cornucopia, the sea, and then the jungle all around. Very excact. Very symmectrical. And not very large, " I say.
4. "He took her hand. She actually let him. Play along. It wasn't just playing, though: she'd been resisting the need to reach out to him since they first met. It wasn't logical, but it was definitely there. At his touch, her Sight sharpened."
5. "You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me on this subject for ever." (Ch. 58)
Other extra credit:
(+1) for Tweeting this:
#Contest ! Guessing a Quote for Spells and a Tote @ReadingTeen ! http://bit.ly/ari8L0 Please RT
(+1) for Facebook etc. post
(+2) for blog sidebar/post.
(leave links and seperate comments for each point or they won't be counted)
This contest is International and will end on May 31st at 10:00 EST. During the week, we will be leaving other quotes on Twitter (#RTquotes) and on Facebook. Use the hashtag (RTquotes) on Twitter to answer, and comment on Facebook statuses with "RTQuotes" in the status for extra chances to win!
Good luck! Having trouble with the quotes? Here are the clues we've given! Clues
Amy, Andye, Kit, Abigaile, and Austin