As many of you are aware, author, wife and mother L.K. (Lisa) Madigan was recently diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer which has metastasized to her liver. I haven't read her books, but the outpouring of support from her friends, fellow authors, and readers has moved me. What other people say about you means a lot, and what people are saying about Lisa is that she is an amazing woman who is loved by many!
The 2009 Debutantes have written a post about Lisa where they are giving away Lisa's books. They ask that you help spread the word about Lisa, and show her your support in the following ways.
- adding her books onto your goodreads shelf.
- blogging. linking, tweeting about her.
- adding reviews to sites or on your blog if you've read lisa's novels. vlog about it!
- if you've already blogged about lisa's books, why not do so again? =)
- telling your friends about lisa's books if you've read them.
- buying her wonderful books for yourself, for a friend. (Flash Burnout, The Mermaid's Mirror)
- checking them out from your local library, requesting them if they aren't carried.
- generally spreading the Book Love, however and any way you can.
You can read the 2009 Debutantes post here. And you can read Lisa's own words about her struggle here. I have already added Lisa's books to my TBR pile on Goodreads, and checked my local library to see if they carry her books (which they do). If your library doesn't, you can request that they add it. It's a simple thing to do, and my library has added every book I've ever requested, so try it!
I'm sure you probably won't be able to read this post, as there are too many well-wishes to count. But know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. May God bless you and your family, and especially be with your son. You are an inspiration to all those you've met, and now even to those you haven't.