Zellie Wells has a devastating crush on Avery Adams, the son of her mom’s high school sweetheart. At her sixteenth birthday party, held in the basement of her dad’s church, she finally finds the courage to talk to him. Turns out, the devastating crush is mutual.
As Avery takes her hand and leads her out onto the makeshift dance floor, Zellie is overwhelmed by her first vision of his death; shocking because not only are they both covered in his blood, but they’re old, like 35, and she is pregnant.
Afraid to tell anyone about the vision, (she’d just be labeled a freaky black magic witch, right?) Zellie keeps the knowledge of Avery’s future to herself and tries to act like any other teenager in love. When they get caught on their way to a secret rendezvous by her mom and his dad, they are forbidden to see each other.
Convinced that their parents are freaking out unnecessarily, Avery and Zellie vow to be together no matter what. They continue their relationship in secret until Zellie learns that their parents are just trying to prevent her and Avery from suffering like they did. The visions are hereditary, they’re dangerous, and if they stay together the visions will come true.
Now Zellie must choose between severing all ties with Avery, like her mom did to prevent his father’s death, and finding a way to change Avery’s future.
Tens list-Top ten things on my bucket list.
10. Live on a farm with a red barn and raise my own goats and chickens.
9. Learn to make goat cheese and sell it at the farmer’s market.
8. Design my own earth friendly home. Solar panels, wind turbine, rain collection system. All of that good hippie stuff.
7. Go on Amazing Race with my best friend.
6. Learn to drive stick.
5. Learn to play the drums.
4. Play Rosie in Mamma Mia! Another 10 years and I’ll be old enough to pull it off.
3. Own an Airstream trailer.
2. Take a trip to Scotland with my parents, my family, and my sister’s family. We’re hoping to do this for my 40th birthday and my dad’s 70th.
1. See the Zellie books made into a movie or a TV show. Play the part of Becky.