Perfect for summer reading, Barry Hoffman’s YA fantasy series THE SHAMRA CHRONICLES re-launches with a new website, a new installment and a whole new look (new covers!).
Called a "splendid journey into a world of intriguingly complex fantasy" by NYT bestselling author of I Am Legend Richard Matheson, the release of Chaos Unleashed: Book Three of the Shamra Chronicles blends a fast-paced plot featuring a smart, strong female character that's not afraid to kick a little butt -- no matter what the cost.
For those new to the series, readers of Melissa Marr, Carrie Jones, Holly Black, Suzanne Collins and Brandon Mull will find a new favorite in Barry Hoffman and The Shamra Chronicles.
In the first book, Curse of the Shamra, a young girl named Dara's peaceful and isolated land of the Shamra is invaded and its people enslaved, and she finds herself in the very unfamiliar role of leading a ragtag resistance to defeat the enemy. But even as she fights the invaders, Dara grapples with self-doubt and is criticized by her own people for being outspoken and different. Venturing into uncharted territory to seek allies, Dara encounters unusual creatures and dangerous lands and is forced to come to terms with the fact that she alone is the only hope the Shamra have to regain their freedom.
In Shamra Divided, the second book in the series, Dara has managed to save her people from one enemy but the cost has been high. While Dara struggles to come to terms with the loss of beloved friends, she finds herself thrust into the leadership role of an improbable army and learns that it is her destiny to unite her people as one, even as she faces her biggest challenge: Chaos. Dormant for almost two hundred years, Chaos has returned, intent on destroying Dara.
In Chaos Unleashed: Book Three of the Shamra Chronicles nothing is as it seems in a world where the living mingle with the dead and dreams can turn into frightening reality. Chaos is beginning to spread across the land. Together, with friends from past journeys and new allies who may not be what they seem, Dara must build an army to confront Chaos. But as she and her army prepare for the final battle, Dara realizes that the only person she can really count on is herself. Chaos Unleashed also includes an original bonus novella, SAFE HAVEN, following the adventures of Dara’s family.
To celebrate the release of the newest book in the series, Chaos Unleashed, and the relaunch of ShamraChronicles.com, Media Masters Publicity is offering a collection of all three titles in the series and a Shamra journal and pen set to give away to one lucky winner.
- US only (Media Masters will ship directly to the winner)
- 13 years or older, or with a parent's permission
- Leave a comment with your email address
- Ends 7/12
- Extra entry for: (Please add these up in the comments)
- Tweeting about this giveaway (or other form of spreading the word)
- Following Barry Hoffman's blog at http://shamrachronicles.com/blog/.
- Signing up to receive the bi-monthly Shamra Chronicles newsletter: http://shamrachronicles.com/join-our-mailing-list/
* The Shamra Chronicles website: Shamrachronicles.com
* Downloadable author and cover images can be found here: http://shamrachronicles.com/for-the-media/
* Lots of folks are loving The Shamra Chronicles -- check it out here: http://shamrachronicles.com/testimonials/
* Barry Hoffman's blog: http://shamrachronicles.com/blog/ * Information on Barry Hoffman's passion project "The Giveaway" -- he has already given away more than 11,000 books to students across the country!: http://shamrachronicles.com/the-giveaway/