- Deadly Cool
- Social Suicide (coming soon)
Hartley's This or That:
Today Hartley, from Gemma Halliday's new book DEADLY COOL, is here to share with us which she likes....This or That!
Charming Boys or Hot Boys –
- Charming Boys. Though, I wish I didn’t fall for them quite so easily.
Friend or Boyfriend –
- Friend all the way! Boyfriends come and go but BFF’s are forever.
Shop or Sport –
- Shop. Let’s just say I’m not naturally athletically coordinated.
Daring or Safe –
- Daring. Though after the trouble I’ve gotten myself into lately, I’m starting to think safe might be smarter…
Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt –
- Ice Cream. Even if I do have to hide it from my mom who thinks “soy ice” is healthier.
Music or Movie –
- Music. My iPod is always fully loaded.
Read or Write –
- Write. I’m even contemplating my school newspaper for next year…
Math or Art –
- Art all the way! If I ever pass Mrs. Blasburg’s algebra class I never want to see another number again as long as I live.
Country or City –
- City. I grew up I L.A.
Hot or Cold –
- Hot. Beach party!
Early Bird or Night Owl –
- Night Owl. It’s a crime that school starts so early.
Money or Adventure –
- Adventure. It seems to find me despite my best efforts.
Dog or Gila Monster –
- Dog. But a real one, not one of those toy sized things that ride around in purses.
Friday or Saturday –
- Saturday. I get to sleep in!
Loud or Quiet –
- Loud. I’m not what you’d call subtle kinda girl.
A young adult novel: ages 12 & up
Available October 11, 2011
Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool. But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.
Follow this tour on The Teen Book Scene