Director: Martin Scorsese
Writers: John Logan (screenplay), Brian Selznick (book)
Stars: Asa Butterfield, Chloë Grace Moretz and Christopher Lee
Set in 1930s Paris, an orphan who lives in the walls of a train station is wrapped up in a mystery involving his late father and an automaton.
This movie was absolutely beautiful.
I lovedlovedloved it!
I'm now itching to read the book.
Not only is the story of this movie incredible, but the music, the actors just ah, everything.
Actually, let me give you a list of reasons why I loved it.
- Johnny Depp produced it.
- ALL of the actors in the movie did such a wonderful job! Especially Hugo and Isabelle. Those kids were incredible.
- Even though I am not a Harry Potter fan, I still thought that it was pretty neat that there are three actors from Harry Potter! (Anna from ReadingTween pointed that out to me)
- Sacha Baron Cohen, Ben Kingsley, Jude Law, and Christopher Lee play in it.
- Howard Shore composed the original music for it.
- And oh, it was just so perfectly amazing!