I absolutely LOVED The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. So, I'm incredibly excited to be a part of this amazing blog tour. There are tons of stops with amazing giveaways, so make sure you check them all out. I can't even tell you how jealous I am that people are winning SIGNED copies of this book! Make sure you check out my review!
Also, make sure you check out the first post from the Harlequin blog, which contains all of the blog tour stops AND also gives details about the AMAZING blog tour grand prize of a Kindle AND a custom made, one of a kind, Immortal Rules Kindle case!!
Stop #8 : “Waking Up as a Vampire”
What does it feel like to wake up as a Vampire?
Allison’s first few moments as a vampire……..
* As I opened my eyes, a searing light blinded me, and I cringed away with a hiss.
* Strange noises assaulted my eardrums, familiar yet amplified a hundredfold.
* The air felt cold and damp against by skin — I could feel the chill, but it wasn’t cold at all.
* I felt waxy and stiff, empty as a limp sack.
* Flames spread to every part of my body, liquid agony shooting through my skin.
* My mouth ached, my upper jaw felt tight, as if something sharp was pressing against my gums, trying to burst out.
* Hungry. I needed food!
* Something flooded my mouth, cold and thick, cloying. Not warm, like it should be, but it was still food!
* And then, as the awful hunger faded and the ache inside was filled, I realized what I was doing.
Tomorrow, April 24th, is The Immortal Rules book birthday! To celebrate, there will be four stops:
Please visit: pageturnersblog.com, wastepaperprose.com, electrifyingreviews.com, and bookalicio.us
About The Immortal Rules (Harlequin Teen; April 24, 2012; $18.99):
You will kill. The only question is when.My review
In the dark days since the insidious Red Lung virus decimated the human population, vampires have risen to rule the crumbling cities and suburbs. Uncontested Princes hold sway over diminished ranks of humans: their "pets." In exchange for their labor, loyalty and of course, their blood, these pets are registered, given food and shelter, permitted to survive.
Unregistered humans cling to the fringe, scavenging for survival. Allison Sekemoto and her fellow Unregistereds are hunted, not only by vampires, but by rabids, the unholy result of Red Lung-infected vampires feeding on unwary humans. One night, Allie is attacked by a pack of rabids, saved by an unlikely hero...and turned vampire.
Uncomfortable in her undead skin, Allie falls in with a ragtag crew of humans seeking a cure, or cures: for Rabidism and for Vampirism. She's passing for human...for now. But the hunger is growing and will not be denied. Not for friendship—not even for love.
Buy the book: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Harlequin, Indiebound
Giveaway is US and Canada only:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Julie will be making appearances at three bookstores near her hometown.
* Tuesday, April 24th at 4pm - Barnes & Noble Livonia, Louisville, KY
* Saturday, April 28th at 2pm - The Bookstore, Radcliff, KY
* Monday, May 7th at 5:30 pm - Lincoln's Loft, Hodgeville, KY