When we were asked to be a part of this tour, my daughter, Reagan, jumped at the chance. She absolutely adored this book, (and refused to read anything else for days afterwards), and wanted to let the world know. She started with her brother, who is now reading it, and loving it as well (in fact, they may have had a little tug-of-war fight over it at one point....no worries, we now have two copies). So, check out Reagan's review below, then enter to win Shannon's YA book, Let the Sky Fall, below!
Publisher: Aladdin (October 2, 2012)
Buy The Book: Amazon
Twelve-year-old Sophie has never quite fit into her life. She’s skipped multiple grades and doesn’t really connect with the older kids at school, but she’s not comfortable with her family, either. And Sophie has a secret—she’s a Telepath, someone who can read minds. But the day Sophie meets Fitz, a mysterious (and adorable) boy, she learns she’s not alone. He’s a Telepath too, and it turns out the reason she has never felt at home is that, well…she isn’t. Fitz opens Sophie’s eyes to a shocking truth, and almost instantly she is forced to leave behind her family for a new life in a place that is vastly different from what she has ever known.Plot Summary
But Sophie still has secrets, and they’re buried deep in her memory for good reason: The answers are dangerous and in high-demand. What is her true identity, and why was she hidden among humans? The truth could mean life or death—and time is running out.
Sophie is a telepathy. She's been that way since age 5. One day her class goes to a museum. Sophie is left behind and meets a boy named Fitz who is also a telepathy. He explains that she isn't human. She's an elf. Sophie enters a new place with clean fresh air and creatures that shouldn't exist and other elves with all kinds of powers. Sophie is accepted into the top elf school, Foxfire. There she meets a boy named Dex, a girl named Marella, and Bianna Fitz's sister, Fitz himself, and Keefe. And for the first time she doesn't have headaches or reading peoples thoughts without wanting to. But as the year progresses Sophie enters the memories that she shouldn't have ever had in the first place. The council grows more and more suspicious that Sophie was the Black Swans puppet and nothing more than a toy. As Sophie uncovers secret after secret she is put in more danger than ever.
This is in order of best to worst:
- Dex- My favorite! He is jealous of Fitz because Sophie likes Fitz and not him. But he is smart, funny (He gave a girl two poisons, one to make he bald, and the other to make her hair grow back + a beard.) He is also Sophie's best friend
- Fitz- Often described by Dex as 'Wonder Boy' A lot of girls like him. Son of Alden Keefe- Fitz's best friend, also Sophie's friend. Very Hilarius. Quote, 'Hey-no secret telepathic conversations, you two-or I'll have to assume you guys are flirting!'
- Sophie- blonde, brown eyes. Described as very pretty. Main main character.
- Biana- Fitz sister, Sophie's friend.
- Grady- Sophie's new Elf father Alden- Fitz, and Biana's father.
- Elwin- the healer Marella- A friend of Sophie's
- Della- Alden's wife, Biana, and Fitz's mother
- Edaline- Sophie's new elf mother Jensi- small. Not in it much.
This book was awesome. I really loved it. Why? Well for starters, I've always loved elves. I liked the setting too, it was like a forest with crystal buildings. The whole story was just so well written I barely went anywhere without this book. The characters are what drew me in the most. They were just so ALIVE! I just expected Dex to jump through the window and take me to Sophie! I'd suggest this book to people who like elves, (not the Lord Of The Rings or Santa Clause elves) and funny books. It was one of my all-time favorites!
Follow this tour here!
Follow Shannon: Blog | Twitter | Tumblr | Facebook | GoodReads | Pinterest
a Rafflecopter giveaway