Seriously, when did this happen? It just kind of snuck up on me. I got a Kindle a couple of years ago from my amazing friend Elisa (who sometimes reviews for us), so that I could get books from Netgalley. I have to be honest, reading on it was like banging my head against a wall. I don't really know why, I just had a really hard time picking up my Kindle when I had real live books staring at me. I kind-of liked the text-to-speech, because, let's be truthful......I'm lazy, but the first book I listened to was The Iron King, and every book after that I thought, "Hey, where's Ash?" before I remembered...oh yeah, different book.
So, my Kindle reading kind of vanished. And then something happened......
My husband bought me an iPad mini. I TOLD him not to. I said I didn't even use my Kindle much, so why would I use it. I said I already have an iPhone that does all the stuff, so I don't need it. But, he did it anyway. And there was this:
Ok, first of all, I go faster than 2.0, so don't start! But more importantly, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT SCREEN! And I don't have to hold it open and try to read it while it flops all over the place, AND I can make the print as big as I want!!
10 Things I Love about My Kindle (iPad Mini):
- As stated above, so easy to read on the treadmill.
- I put the settings on Sepia, so it doesn't seem like I'm reading off a computer screen, and it's just awesome!
- I can carry it in my purse easily.
- If I forget it, it automatically syncs up to my iPhone, and I can just read it on there at exactly the spot I left off.
- If the cover is ugly or embarrassing, or I'm around a bunch of intellectuals who think I'm a freak for reading YA, they will never know.
- I can switch to Goodreads and back in 5 seconds.
- I can highlight a passage and tweet it.
- I can check out a book from the library INSTANTLY and download it!!! This absolutely blows my mind.
- I CAN READ IN THE DARK!!!!
- Did I mention how lazy I am? I don't have to hunt down a bookmark!!
- It holds a bajillion books! If I'm out, and I'm hating the book I'm reading.....delete....new book.
Ok, that was 11, but who's counting?
So, I'm hooked! It's so bad that I will actually go to an eBook before I pick up an actual book. Of course, if I love it, I still have to own a hardcover copy :P
How about you? Have you made the switch, or are you holding out until your last breath?