YALLFEST is the largest book festival in the south. This year there are more than 40 Young Adult Authors - from Veronica Roth to Lauren Oliver scheduled to be there. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to make it this year. Charleston is one of my favorite places in the US and seeing these authors would just make it so incredibly awesome!
To gear up for the book festival, we'll be hosting some interviews with different authors that will be attending! Today's author is Lauren Oliver!
What one thing do you need to have when you write?
What is the hardest line to write- the first or the last?
- Honestly, neither. It’s just every single line in between that feels impossible.
Best writing tip you ever received?
- Aim for truth and beauty will follow.
Tell us 5 random facts about yourself.
- I have fourteen tattoos. I can fall asleep any time, any place. I have a phobia of worms. I hate fruit. I wrote my first novel largely on my Blackberry.
Where's your favorite place to write?
- In my sunroom in upstate New York.
What are you working on now?
- Two different middle grade books and an untitled young adult novel that my agent described as “the most disturbing thing he’s ever read.” Oops!
What is your favorite genre to write in? To Read?
- I love realistic books that include just a hint of fantasy.
Can't get enough Lauren? Make sure you don't miss your chance to see her, and all the amazing authors that will be at YALLFEST this year! Check them out here!
Follow all the YallFest news on Twitter! @yallfest