What you wear can be a powerful form of self-expression, and true style is about dressing to express yourself so you feel self-assured and confident in any situation. Fashion is also a great way to discover your unique personality—and show it off to the world!
Expressionista covers everything you need to know about fashion, including how to identify your own Fashion Persona (Classic, Natural, Romantic, Dramatic, Trend Tracker, or Mood Dresser), set up an awesome closet, track trends, shop on a budget, dress for your body type, and more. Packed with tips and quotes from fashion icons as well as fun quizzes and resources galore, this book is must-have personal style inspiration!
At a Glance:
When I first saw this book that Aladdin had sent me (Thank you so much Aladdin!) I thought (And yes, sometimes I do judge a book by its cover) Okay, its probably going to be three girls acting all shallow and trying to be the best at fashion. (So true right?) But no. I flipped through it and ended up getting interested.
I really love fashion, I even had a phase of crocheting and sewing scarves and stuff when I was 11-years-old. I thought that maybe I would have my own clothing label when I was older. Anyways, I still love fashion but I'm not quite obsessed as I was two years ago. Now I'm a baker and a chef, and want to be just like my Grandma and older sister in baking. But, enough about me, I really think this book is encouraging, sweet, and teaches you lots about fashion, and what you would look good in. So if your going to a party and your having trouble thinking about what to wear, just flip through this book and it gives you a bunch of advice!
This book will be very helpful for the young girl in your life. Whether she knows who she is inside and out, we all need a little help in the fashion department.
Lets take a quiz!:
Are you a Classic?
• If someone has called you preppy.
• Your not an adventures dresser.
• You like to look "Just right" -never too stylish or too casual.
• You don't like your clothes to stand out.
• You would never wear torn jeans.
• You think dainty jewelry and small handbags are the best.
Are you a Natural?
• You are athletic or outdoorsy.
• Your favorite outfit is jeans and a T-shirt.
• You are sometimes called a tomboy or a hippie.
• You'd rather be outdoors than in the library.
• Your clothes must be comfortable and feel good on your skin.
• You hate wearing dresses.
Are you a Romantic?
• You prefer dresses and skirts to pants.
• You have been called a girly-girl.
• You love to get dressed-up.
• You wish you were a princess.
• You don't mind taking time to curl your hair.
• You like lace, flowers, ribbons, ruffles, and other trimmings.
• You want people to notice your clothes.
• You love big jewelry and lots of it.
• You may be described as a drama queen or a show-off.
• You feel that the more accessory's you wear, the better.
• You never want to look like anyone else at your school.
• Your parents have said, "You're not wearing that!"
Are you a Trend Tracker?
• Your friends often ask you for fashion advice.
• You love to experiment with new looks.
• You love putting on make-up and straightening your hair.
• You love to have your picture taken.
• You will sometimes wear dresses.
• Your parents say you spend too much time on your clothes.