Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, where you can spotlight an upcoming release you're eagerly anticipating!
This week I'm itching to read:
WHEN WE COLLIDED
by Emery Lord
Hardcover: 352 pages
Releases on: April 5th, 2016
Meet Vivi and Jonah: A girl and a boy whose love has the power save or destroy them.Why I'm Waiting:
Vivi and Jonah couldn't be more different. Vivi craves anything joyful or beautiful that life can offer. Jonah has been burdened by responsibility for his family ever since his father died. As summer begins, Jonah resigns himself to another season of getting by. Then Vivi arrives, and suddenly life seems brighter and better. Jonah is the perfect project for Vivi, and things finally feel right for Jonah. Their love is the answer to everything. But soon Vivi's zest for life falters, as her adventurousness becomes true danger-seeking. Jonah tries to keep her safe, but there's something important Vivi hasn't told him.
Perfect for fans of E. Lockhart and Jandy Nelson, When We Collided is a powerful story of two teens whose love is put to the test by forces beyond their control.
1. DAT COVER. This is always a reason for me. If a cover really catches my eye, I need it in my life. I need it to sparkle right along all of my other sparkly book covers (even if the sparkles are imaginary). I love the paint splatters, and I cannot wait to see how that connects with the story!
2. It's Emery Lord. Hi, my name is Becca, and I'm addicted to Emery's books. I reread them all of the time. I save them first when tornadoes are touching down near my house.
3. I mean, I think the first two reasons are pretty great, but I figure I need to elaborate a bit more on why this particular Emery book is high on my highly anticipated releases list. The first line in the synopsis just grabs me. Why does their love have the power to save or destroy them? Is it because it's first love? Is there a deeper reason? (Probably because Emery's characters are pretty well-rounded.)
4. It's a summer-y book. I love books that are set during the summer, and this particular summer, I'm craving one like crazy. WHY DOES APRIL 2016 HAVE TO BE SO FAR AWAY FROM THIS SUMMER?!
5. I can understand why Jonah feels like his days are brighter and better by Vivi. Not particularly because I've been changed by Vivi (haha), but because I've been in that position before. Sometimes people walk into your lives, and it feels like every single day is a dream. They make each day so much brighter and better, simply by being in your life. Then there's Vivi who sees a project in Jonah. Been there too. What girl hasn't? I cannot wait to see how their love story unfolds. My heart is pitter-pattering just thinking about it.
So what book are you itching to get your claws on this week? Are you as excited for When We Collided as I am? Let's discuss!