Guys. GUYZZZ!!! Do you know me? Do you know me at all? If you do, there is NO WAY you have missed my adoration of this book. I mean, I love the Shadow & Bone series, but SIX OF CROWS just completes me! Oh, Leigh Bardugo, how I do love thee!
So, yes. Of course I'm jumping on this chance to be a part of this incredible blog tour. I'm joining up with Jess Hearts Books from across the pond to help you figure out if you have what it takes to join Kaz Brekker's crew.
But first, here's a little message from the Grisha goddess herself, Leigh Bardugo . . .
Do I have what it takes to join Kaz's crew? Possibly. I think I'd be a good back room strategist. But there's no way he's taking me on a job. I'm the worst liar ever. I blush whenever I try to fib. And look, I come up with ridiculous stories for a living, but in a heist situation? "Hey a dragon!" is not going to cut it. This is how bad it is: While writing Six of Crows, I consulted with a former member of the CIA on the security measures set up at places like the White House and nuclear facilities. I was sending my characters to break into a supposedly impenetrable fortress and I wanted to lend some credibility to the security protocols of the Ice Court. Do you know what he said at the end of our chat? "You'd make a terrible spy." After I bought that man coffee! And a slice of banana bread! RUDE.
Six Signs You've Got What it Takes to Join Kaz's Crew
Ok, here's the deal. Kaz Brekker only takes the best. So if you want to be a part of his crew, you have to BE the best. The screening process is brutal, and let's be honest, YOU ARE BEING WATCHED. Every move you make is being scrutinized. As a matter of fact, don't contact us. We'll contact you.
But if you're determined to try, here are 6 signs that you may (but probably don't) have what it takes:
1. Stealth is your
2. You have a super power. Yeah, I told you this wasn't going to be easy. And not any super power will do. It has to be intense, and you can't flake out when the time comes to put the smack down. Using your power is going to take everything you've got, and you have to be willing to give it.
3. Your marksmanship skills are on fleek. And by "on fleek" we mean you can shoot the eyelash off a camel from 1000 yards. You're not just a sharpshooter, you're a needle-point shooter. And you're not afraid to pull the trigger.
4. Your intellect is paramount. You figured out how Inception was going to end before they even made the movie. Rowena Ravenclaw comes to you for advice. You call Sherlock Holmes "Watson" behind his back! There's no problem you can't solve, and you're more than willing to place logic over love. I mean, it's only logical.
5. You have a very particular set of skills. This one is tricky because there's really nothing you can do to guarantee you have what Kaz will need. Maybe it's information, maybe it's the ability to break into Fort Knox. Truthfully, you probably don't have anything he needs. But if you do, and he shows up on your doorstep, I suggest you just go with it. I don't think you'll like the alternative.
6. You are leverage. Honestly, this is really the only one you have a hope of qualifying for, and I don't envy you if you do. The question is, how far will Kaz go to get what he wants, and are you going to survive the process? I'm not sure I like your odds.
So, what do you think? Can you take the heat? Do you pass the test? Yeah. I didn't think so. Maybe you should go try out for Ocean's Fourteen instead. You have a much better chance with that crew. But if you are lucky enough to be one of the elite, at least you know you'll never have a more loyal, brilliant leader than Kaz Brekker. As long as you don't cross him . . .
*Six of Crows #1
by Leigh Bardugo
Age Range: 12 - 18 years
Series: Six of Crows
Hardcover: 480 pages
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (September 29, 2015)
Goodreads | Amazon
Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price--and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...
A convict with a thirst for revenge.
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.
A runaway with a privileged past.
A spy known as the Wraith.
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.
Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction--if they don't kill each other first.
Full Blog Tour Schedule:
UK: Winged Reviews US: Cuddlebuggery
Topic: Six Book BFs of the Grishaverse
UK: Ya Yeah Yeah US: Bookiemoji
Topic: Six Dos and Don’ts of the Grishaverse
UK: Mugglenet US: YA Interrobang
Topic: Six Companion Reads for Six of Crows
UK: Jess Hearts Books US: Reading Teen
Topic: Six Signs You Do/Don't Have What it Takes to Join Kaz's Crew
UK: Wondrous Reads US: The Midnight Garden
Topic: Six Favorite Quotes from SoC
UK: Dark Readers US: Mundie Moms
Topic: Six Tips for Surviving the Grishaverse
Enter to win a Six of Crows prize pack full of US AND UK swag by commenting on all 12 blog posts by 11:59pm EST Friday, October 2. Simply follow #MagicandMayhemTour or check out the list above!
Create a video telling Fierce Reads why YOU belong in Kaz Brekker's crew and enter the Six of Crows video contest for a chance to be in the Six of Crows sequel! More details and entry form here: http://fiercereads.com/socvideocontest/
What skills could you bring to Kaz's crew? (Or what do you wish you could bring?)